What Makes NovatoSpirit Unique
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) produced a study showing that vulnerable children have a better chance of being healthy when they have these supports: physical, social, emotional, intellectual, and psychological.
NovatoSpirit offers children all of those significant supports: athletic exercise (physical) with motivated instructors and peers (social) in a safe and responsive environment (emotional) that is mentally stimulating (intellectual) in an activity that yields self-confidence and resilience (psychological), due to strong efforts sustained over a long period of time.
The NovatoSpirit Difference
- One-on-one mentorship with instructors
- Multicultural athletic activities
- Longterm activity (5-year scholarships for kids with good attendance and behavior)
- Accountability of participating kids and families
- Positive impact on physical and mental health
NovatoSpirit is fortunate to operate in a community that cares about children with financial needs and to receive financial backing from donors who wish to support them in ways that lead to effective, positive changes in physical and mental health.
NovatoSpirit’s positive impact has been praised by medical and educational professionals serving children.