In The News
Soroptimist International of Novato produced a television show about NovatoSpirit hosted by Barbara Hurwick. To see the TV show, please click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sp19lZAqc4
KWMR Radio of Marin County hosted NovatoSpirit on a half-hour program hosted by Susan Santiago. To hear the radio show, please click below:
- Summertime Sports for Children with Financial Needs, Novato Patch 2017
- Sports Lessen Stress, Novato Patch 2017
- NovatoSpirit and Kidsdata, Lucile Packard Foundation for Children's Health 2017
- Giving Hope Through Sports, One World Children's Fund 2017
- NovatoSpirit Kids Give Thanks, Novato Patch 2016
- NovatoSpirit Kids Invited to Lead Pledge of Allegiance, Novato Patch, 2016
- NovatoSpirit Leaps into the New Year, Novato Patch, 2016
- NovatoSpirit Celebrates 10 Years of Devotion, Novato Patch
- NovatoSpirit Celebrates 10 Years of Teaching, Novato Patch, 2015
- NovatoSpirit Celebrates 10 Years of Service, Novato Patch, 2015
- NovatoSpirit Kids Partake in Karate, Novato Advance, 2015
- NovatoSpirit Celebrates 10th Anniversary, Novato Patch, 2015
- New Year Brings New Children, Novato Patch, 2015
- NovatoSpirit's Children Give Thanks, Novato Patch, 2014
- The Founding of NovatoSpirit, One World Children's Fund, 2014
- NovatoSpirit Kids Happy, Novato Patch, 2014
- Children Need Help in Novato, Novato Patch, 2014
- Actions Speak Louder than Words, Novato Advance, 2013
- Novato Community Improves Lives, Novato Patch, 2013
- NovatoSpirit Kids get a Boost, Novato Patch, 2013
- Yes Triumphs Over No, Novato Advance, 2008
Book About NovatoSpirit
A book about NovatoSpirit called Movement for Kids was written by Marian Schinske and is available on Amazon.com
NovatoSpirit's Founder was spotlighted on the City of Novato's #NovatoProud public-information program, highlighting “Novatans doing great work in the community, innovative Novato businesses, fun facts about Novato and other stories of civic pride.” Marian Schinske was recognized for “selflessly and tirelessly doing notable work on behalf of our community.”
NovatoSpirit's Founder was honored by Marin Founders at the Buck Center in Novato in April 2015. Marian Schinske was celebrated as a founder of NovatoSpirit along with many other founders of Marin County nonprofits that are at least a decade old. Marin Founders (www.marinfounders.org) estimates there are about 1,500 Marin nonprofits, 450 of which are active.
NOMINATIONS FOR PRESTIGIOUS AWARDS:
Humanitarian Award. In 2017, Marian Schinske was nominated for the World Of Children’s Humanitarian Award, which recognizes “an individual who has made significant contributions to children in the areas of child safety, social services or humanitarian services. Humanitarian Award Honorees are visionary leaders who run sustainable, high-impact programs for children.”
Individual Leadership Award. In 2016 Marian Schinske was nominated for “Individual Leadership” for the Leaders of the North Bay Awards, spotlighting those who contribute to the prosperity and quality of life in Sonoma, Marin, and Napa counties.
Achievement in Nonprofit Excellence Award presented by the Heart of Marin Awards. This award ceremony, celebrating more than 100 nonprofits and volunteers throughout the county, is hosted by the Center for Volunteer and Nonprofit Leadership of Marin. NovatoSpirit has been nominated for this award from 2006-2016.
Excellence in Innovation Award presented by the Heart of Marin Awards in 2016, this nomination honored Marian Schinske for founding and directing a unique program that significantly improves the physical and mental health of low-income kids.
APPLE Family Works “Volunteer Family of the Year Award.” NovatoSpirit Founder Marian Schinske and her family were nominated for improving childrens' mental and physical health in Novato.
The Bay Citizen’s “Citizen of Tomorrow Award” which recognizes people in the Bay Area who improve their communities, solving challenges in creative ways. Marian Schinske was nominated for helping low-income youths overcome financial barriers to athletics in Novato, where residents struggle with high rates of obesity and diabetes.
The Beryl H. Buck Award for Achievement in Marin County.
The California Governor's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports “Spotlight Award.” This nomination recognized our “efforts to positively impact the physical activity, fitness and well-being of California 's children and youth.”